NO SEWING REQUIRED!
Blossom made a Warm As Wool project. I saw this idea at Art Projects For Kids. We hung the hessian art on a stick from the yard and used natural twine to hang on the wall. It brings a naturally warm feeling to the house.
You only need scraps to create these cut banners. All the materials are recycled. The hessian is plain old garden hessian and the rest scrap material.
1) Firstly Blossom cut a rectangle of hesian, she then gave it a fringe by simply pulling out the weave.
The hesian was placed on a piece of baking paper on a tray.
2) We tore roughly (very roughly) 1 inch strips of calico and tied mutliple knots along each strip.
3) Blossom then cut closely with side of each knot til she created a lovely pile.
4) With a bit of scrap felt she drew the shape of a sheep head and cut it out and also tied 4 black felt knots for legs.
5) We used kids craft glue to paint on the head body and proceeded to fill the body shape with our white knots, adding the legs on last.
6) We used a piece of the hessian string (from fringing) to tie the banner onto a stick and then it was ready for hanging.